Sunday, September 17, 2006

Day 2

Did not sleep anything like as well last night as the night before, which was disappointing. I think I really need to eliminate negative thinking. The Human Givens Approach has a lot to say about the relationship between depression, dreams and sleep disturbance, and I'm quite convinced they're right. Last night, however, I think my problem was simply being in some turmoil over a fairly specific issue, which being more trusting, less cynical, and more positive generally, would alleviate. I'm a sort-of not-very-good Buddhist, and going back to Buddhist basics would definitely help. I don't have time to write much more now. Every Sunday afternoon I travel back to my home town and take my physically frail father (spinal stenosis) to visit my mentally frail mother (vascular dementia) in her care home. That can be difficult, but quite uplifting if it goes well. Here's hoping...

No comments: